nuBuilder Forte can create PDF Reports from the data stored in its database tables.
There are 3 things needed to create a Report.
- An Edit or Launch Form that contains values used by the Report eg From Date and To Date.
- A Table containing data to be used by the Report.
- A Report designer to create the way this data is displayed.
These Reports will allow the user to do things like...
- Share information with others.
- Help make business decisions.
- Create invoices.
- Print graphs.
Building a Report
A unique code for this Report
The description of this Report
A field that can be used to help organise Reports.
A Table can be created in 3 different ways.
- A single table. - (nuTABLE)
- An SQL statement created with the SQL Builder. - (nuSQL)
- A PHP Procedure.
A Procedure will only appear in this list if #TABLE_ID# is found somewhere within it.
The point of using a Procedures is to create a temporary table that can be manipulated before it is used by the Report.
(If a nuTABLE or a nuSQL table is chosen, this temporary table is created automatically)
The temp table created must be called #TABLE_ID#.
#TABLE_ID# simply gets replaced by the name of a temporary table, created by nuBuilder, that will be used by the Report.
It works the same way as other Hash Cookies.
$s = " SELECT sta_last_name, sta_initials, sta_games, sta_runs, sta_captain, CONCAT(sta_last_name, ',', sta_initials) AS full_name, 1 AS player FROM stats "; nuRunQuery("CREATE TABLE #TABLE_ID# $s");
A Launch Form will allow..
- The user to define the information to be stored in the table that will be used by the report.
- Run the Report from an Action Button at the top of the Form.
nuBuilder Forte has its own Report Designer.
Running A Report
There are 2 ways to launch a Report.