Revision as of 22:20, 29 January 2021 by Apmuthu
- nuBuilder and DB Normalisation rules requires the use of a Primary Key (PK) for each table.
- Suggested that the PK be the name of the table followed by an underscore (_) and the letters id. eg., person_id
- Suggested that the PK should be a varchar(25), as it will automatically be populated by nuBuilder using the function called nuID() (when filled out as suggested), unless the PK is an auto-incrementing number.
- If a varchar(25) is used for the PK instead of a number it allows for better use of certain hash variables such as #nu_browse_filter#.
- Also suggested that Unique Indexes not be used, allowing internal validating rules to check for duplicates. This is because of the way the project implements checking for PK types.